IndieWeb Level 1 Reached

Published on – 100 Words

With the update of the site to use my new (work-in-progress) theme with IndieWeb support, I have now completed both Level 1 checkpoints from IndieWebify Me: Get your own domain name Set up Web Sign In I can successfully authenticate using my website URL on IndieAuth. Soon to come: adding h-card and h-entry microformat markups to better integrate wtih other IndieWeb sites.

Changed Theme to Semantic IndieWeb

Published on – 100 Words

Site has been update to use my new work-in-progress Semantic IndieWeb theme. This brings configurable rel="me" tags as <link>...</link> blocks in the <head>...</head> of each page, enabling IndieWeb authentication.

Site Design - Work in progress

Published on – 100 Words

I spent a good part of the weekend working in Draw.io on site layout designs. Following general Responsive Design best practices, I started with a layout for a mobile device. Once I had a layout that I liked for a small device, I expanded it for a wider-screen display. Mobile Layout/Design Wide-screen Layout/Design Next up: cloning my basic theme to start adding in the CSS to get a responsive design implementation going.

Basic Hugo Theme - v0.1.5 released

Published on – 200 Words

I just pushed up tag v0.1.5 of my Basic Hugo Theme. From the README: While the official documentation about Hugo Templates does provide all of the pieces to get started creating a theme, it doesn’t necessarily put them together in one, easy-to-see-together place. This theme attempts to pull all of the necessary pieces together into a theme that can be used as a starting point to create more sophisticated themes.

Résumé taken back from LinkedIn

Published on – 200 Words

It took several days of tweaking layout files to get the data laying out the way I'd like, but I have finally gotten my résumé imported into the web-site. I started with the data that I have long had public on my LinkedIn Profile, cleaned up some ancient cut-and-paste issues that snuck into it, and added a bunch of additional descriptive text for what I've currently been doing at work.

Site Updates

Published on – 100 Words

Site upgraded to Hugo 0.60.0, using the new Goldmark markdown library Updated Netlify build options resulting in a more minified HTML deploymend Updated to v0.1.4 of my custom Hugo theme The new Goldmark renderer disallows inline HTML by default, which broke my current rel="me” back-link to my Mastodon profile. Until I update my custom theme to provide better IndieWeb hooks via layout templates, I ended up having to update my config.

Verified with Mastodon

Published on – 100 Words

I have successfully linked my website with my @kcoram@librem.one profile on the Librem One Mastodon instance (a.k.a Librem Social). The link back to the website shows as verified!

Custom Domain - Live!

Published on – 100 Words

The site is now live at my personal domain: https://kevin.thecorams.net

Netlify Deployment - Success

Published on – 200 Words

I am keeping the source-of-truth for the source of this site as a private repository on my personal Gitea server. Since Netlify currently only integrates with GitHub, GitLab, or Bitbucket, I had pick among those options to mirror the source for the site. Even though GitHub now offers unlimited private repositories in their free tier, old habits die hard. I decided to use GitLab for the source repository mirror, because they've always offered those unlimited private repositories.